Help for HomelessVeterans
- If you encounter someone who might be a homeless veteran, stop, ask, and help.
Asking just one more question could change a life. "Have you served in the military?"
Make the call (877) 424-3838 or visit va.gov/homeless
Entrepreneurship Training for Veterans
- Bunker Labs New York, an initiative of the NYU Tandon School of Engineering, presents Veterans Entrepreneurship Training (VET),
a pioneering program for veterans who want to start a company. Students admitted into the program will be fully subsidized for all course fees, books, and
approved startup expenses.
Download the brochure
Apply online engineering.nyu.edu/VET
Help for Veterans and their families
- Veterans Crisis Line - If you are in crisis and need immediate help, please call 1-800-273-8255 and (PRESS 1) or visit Veterans Crisis Line.
- Visit Explore VA if you have questions. Refer to "FAQs and Info" and "Get Assistance."
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs - Services provided to veterans at no charge by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Veterans Benefits Administration
- Gateway to VA eBenefits
- GI Bill Education Benefits
- A new interactive resource for veterans
- NYC Mayor's Office of Veterans' Affairs - Home Loan
- NYC Mayor's Office of Veterans' Affairs - Housing
- What to do when a veteran passes away
- Education and Training
- Spouses, Dependents, and Survivors
After war and tragedy a Marine Corps Veteran learns to thrive.
Like many Veterans, Brandon brought the war home. Combat had changed him and he used alcohol to cope. This proud son of Wisconsin's Ho-Chunk Nation, whose family includes the tribal chief and a Vietnam combat Veteran, needed help. Encouraged by loved ones, Brandon sought care at the Minneapolis VA.
National Disabled Veterans TEE Tournament
Previously a local program, this new national event provides legally blind and eligible disabled Veterans an opportunity to
develop new skills and strengthen their self-esteem through adaptive golf and bowling events. Each year, the TEE Tournament uses a
therapeutic format to promote rehabilitation, fellowship and camaraderie among participants.
For more information visit National Disabled Veterans TEE Tournament